Shore Consulting and its affiliates provide the Service to you subject to the following notices, terms, and conditions.
- Service Options
If you have purchased or received a code, gift card, pre-paid offer or other offer provided or sold by or on behalf of us for access to a Paid Subscription (“Code”), separate terms and conditions presented to you along with the Code may also apply to your access to the Service and you agree to comply with any such terms and conditions.
From time to time, we or others on our behalf may offer trials of Paid Subscriptions for a specified period without payment or at a reduced rate (a “Trial”). Shore Consulting may determine your eligibility for a Trial, and withdraw or modify a Trial at any time without prior notice and with no liability, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
For some Trials, we’ll require you to provide your payment details to start the Trial. By providing such details you agree that we may automatically begin charging you for the Paid Subscription on the first day following the end of the Trial on a recurring monthly basis or another interval that we disclose to you in advance. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS CHARGE, YOU MUST CANCEL THE APPLICABLE PAID SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIAL.
- Payments and Cancellations
You may purchase a Paid Subscription from us by (1) paying a subscription fee in advance on a monthly basis or some other recurring interval disclosed to you prior to your purchase; or (2) pre-payment giving you access to our Service for a specific time period (“Pre-Paid Period”).
We may change the price for the Paid Subscriptions, including recurring subscription fees, the Pre-Paid Period (for periods not yet paid), or Codes, from time to time and will communicate any price changes to you in advance and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. Subject to applicable law, you accept the new price by continuing to use the Service after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with a price change, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the Paid Subscription prior to the price change going into effect.
3.2. Renewal; Cancellation
Unless your Paid Subscription has been purchased for a Pre-Paid Period, your payment to us through which you purchased the Paid Subscription will automatically renew at the end of the applicable subscription period, unless you cancel your Paid Subscription before the end of the then-current subscription period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the Free Service. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial subscription periods.
If you have purchased a Paid Subscription using a Code, your subscription will automatically terminate at the end of the period stated in the Code, or when there is an insufficient pre-paid balance to pay for the Service.
- Promotions and Offers
All promotions and offers are subject to change. They are offered only on selected services and are subject to availability. PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DISPLAYED ON THE SERVICES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES AND MAY BE SUBSTITUTED OR DISCONTINUED AT ANY TIME. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO CHANGE OUR PRICES AND BILLING METHODS FOR SERVICES SOLD, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING ON THE SERVICES OR BY E-MAIL DELIVERY TO YOU.
- Content, Ownership, Limited License, and Rights of Others
- Content. These Service contain a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Shore Consulting, and its products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, articles, posts, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, trade dress, logos, trade names, service marks, and/or trade identities of various parties, including those of Shore Consulting, including, without limitation, the Shore Consulting logo and Sales365 marks (collectively, “Trademarks”); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing including Trademarks, collectively, “Content”).
- Ownership. The Service (including past, present, and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Shore Consulting, our licensors, and/or certain other third parties. All rights, title, and interest in and to the Content available via the Service are the property of Shore Consulting or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Specifically, and among another things, Shore Consulting is the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest (including the copyrights) in and to all training workbooks, PowerPoints, videos and other audiovisual works, addresses, lectures, workshops, and other materials or information, whether tangible or intangible, furnished or prepared in writing, or in oral, graphic, electronic or any other form or manner, and the intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade dress, service marks, trade secrets, and rights of publicity) and the techniques, data, procedures, know-how and formulas embodied therein or related thereto, that are provided, used or otherwise provided by Shore Consulting as part of its provision of Services under the Terms and additional Terms (collectively, “SCI IP”) and the SCI IP is and will remain the sole and exclusive property of Shore Consulting and Shore Consulting owns and will continue to own all rights, title and interests thereto (including but not limited to the copyrights), reserves all rights, title and interests thereto, and nothing contained in these Terms or any Additional Terms will transfer, assign or otherwise diminish or dilute said rights, title or interests in any way. Shore Consulting further owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Service. The Content may not be copied or used, in whole, partial, or modified form, without our prior written permission or, if applicable, our licensor or affiliate. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing a Shore Consulting name, trademark, or product name without our express written consent.
- Downloadable Software. When the Service requires or includes downloadable software, you give permission for that software to update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available, subject to your device settings. Unless that software is governed by additional terms which provide a license, we give you a limited personal, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by us as part of the Service. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service as provided by us, in the manner permitted by this Agreement. You are not allowed to copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of the software, or to reverse-engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit these restrictions or you have our express written permission.
- Rights of Others. When using the Service, you agree and understand that must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Shore Consulting and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability. If you believe that your work has been infringed by means of an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then please see Section 12below.
- Availability of Service and Content.We may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Service and Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in our sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Service. These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Service. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, conduct, oral means, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Shore Consulting and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Service for any purpose is prohibited.
- Links by You to the Service. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Service, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any Trademarks, (b) the links and the content on your Service do not suggest any affiliation with us or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your Service do not portray Shore Consulting or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, or are otherwise objectionable to us. We reserve the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Service for any reason, in our sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
- Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Service (including on or via linked services or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). We disclaim all liability in connection therewith.
- Authority to Use the Service
(a) harasses, abuses, stalks, threatens, defames, or otherwise infringes or violates the rights of any other party (including, but not limited to, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights);
(b) is unlawful, fraudulent, or deceptive;
(c) uses technology or other means to access content or systems of Shore Consulting in a manner that is not authorized by us;
(d) uses or launches any automated system, including, without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” to access content or systems of Shore Consulting;
(e) attempts to introduce viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
(f) attempts to gain unauthorized access to our computer network or user accounts;
(g) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or that gives rise to civil liability;
(i) attempts to damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks;
(j) seeks to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, bullying, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to us;
(k) reverse engineers, decompiles, disassembles, reverse assembles, or modifies any Service source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Service;
(l) interferes with a user’s access to the Service or the proper operation of the Service, or otherwise causes harm to the Service, Shore Consulting, or other users of the Service;
(m) interferes with or circumvents any security feature of the Service or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Service, the Content, or the User-Generated Content (defined below);
(n) harvests or otherwise collects or stores any information from the Service (including personally identifiable information about other users of the Service, including without limitation, usernames, passwords, or email addresses);
(p) is otherwise objectionable as determined in our sole discretion.
- Updates to the Terms
- Registration, Password and Security
Whenever you provide us information through our Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information; and (b) maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the information is, untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we may without notice suspend or terminate your access to our Service and refuse any and all current or future use of our Service (or any portion thereof).
The security of your personally identifying information is important to us. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take reasonable steps to help ensure the safety of your personally identifying information. However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Service is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that we make no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of any of our Service is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (of any kind and under any legal theory) to you or any third party arising from your inability or failure for any reason to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
- Telephonic Communications and Agreement to Be Contacted
You acknowledge that telephone calls to or from us may be monitored and recorded and you agree to such monitoring and recording.
You verify that any contact information provided to us, including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, your residential telephone number, and/or your mobile telephone number, is true and accurate. You verify that you are the current subscriber or owner of any telephone number that you provide to us. Should any of your contact information change, including your telephone numbers, you agree to notify us before the change goes into effect by contacting us by phone at 844.547.4673, or electronically by logging into your account on the Website or App.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Shore Consulting harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from failure to update your contact information (including your telephone number), your voluntary provision of a telephone number that is not your own, and/or from your violation of any federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
You acknowledge that by voluntarily providing your telephone number(s) to Shore Consulting, you expressly agree to receive live, prerecorded voice messages and/or autodialed calls or text messages from us related to offers, your account, any transaction with us, and/or your relationship with Shore Consulting. You also agree that we may obtain, and you expressly agree to be contacted at, email addresses, mailing addresses, and phone numbers provided by you directly or obtained through other lawful means, such as skip tracing. These telephone calls and text messages may include, for example, confirmation of reservation requests, changes to your account, and account collections. You agree to receive calls and text messages even if you cancel your account or terminate your relationship with us, except if you opt-out, as provided below. Consent to receive automated marketing calls/texts is not a condition of purchasing any goods or services. Calls or text messages to you may be made by or on behalf of Shore Consulting even if your telephone number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. You acknowledge that you may incur a charge for these calls or text messages by your telephone carrier and that we are not responsible for these charges.
As permitted by applicable law, when you communicate with us electronically, such as via email, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. Please note that we are not obligated to respond to inquiries that we receive. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Copyright Complaints
- DMCA Notice. We will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), as set forth below. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting, distribution or other use it via the Service, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”
(ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a list of such works;
(iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL or page of the Service on which the material appears);
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number and email address;
(v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
(vii) your electronic or physical signature.
We will only respond to DMCA Notices that we receive by mail or email at the addresses below:
Shore Consulting, Inc.
2280 Grass Valley Highway #331
Auburn, California 95603
E-mail: [email protected]
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. We may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and we may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to our attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting our other rights, we may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer’s access to the Service and any other website owned or operated by Shore Consulting.
- Counter-Notification. If access on the Service to a work that you submitted to us is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA Notice, and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a DMCA Counter-Notification to the addresses above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Counter-Notification”;
(ii) a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL or page of the Service from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
(iii) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your account;
(v) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
(vi) your electronic or physical signature.
We will only respond to DMCA Counter-Notices that we receive by mail or email at the addresses below:
Shore Consulting, Inc.
2280 Grass Valley Highway #331
Auburn, California 95603
E-mail: [email protected]
We may elect to not respond to DMCA Counter-Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and we may elect to restore access to allegedly infringing material that comes to out attention via counter-notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Service. You should also be aware that we may forward the Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
- Submissions to Shore Consulting
- User Submissions
(iii) License to Shore Consulting of Your User Submissions. Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms, you grant to Shore Consulting the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User Submissions (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User Submissions and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User Submissions for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or services. You understand that in exercising such rights, metadata, notices and content may be removed or altered, including copyright management information, and you consent thereto and represent and warrant you have all necessary authority to do so. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to Shore Consulting to your User Submissions, you also hereby grant to Shore Consulting, and agree to grant to Shore Consulting, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and cost-free right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User Submissions, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User Submissions, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 13(A)(iii).
(vi) Enforcement. We have no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights to your User Submissions, but you grant us the right to protect and enforce our rights to your User Submissions, including by bringing and controlling actions in your name and on your behalf (at our cost and expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint Shore Consulting as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).
- Community Usage Rules. As a user of the Service, these Community Usage Rules (“Rules”) are here to help you understand the conduct that is expected of visitors of the Service’ online forums (“Communities”).
- Speaking of Photos: No Pictures, Videos, or Images of Anyone Other Than You and Your Friends and Family. If you choose to submit photos to the Service, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, then make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know – and only if you have their express permission to submit it.
- Act Appropriately. All of your Service activities must be venue appropriate, as determined by us. Be respectful of others’ opinions and comments so we can continue to build Communities for everyone to enjoy. If you think your User Submissions might offend someone or be embarrassing to someone, then chances are it probably will and it doesn’t belong on the Service. Cursing, harassing, bullying, stalking, insulting comments, personal attacks, gossip, and similar actions are prohibited. Your User Submissions must not threaten, abuse, or harm others, and it must not include any negative comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical handicap. Your User Submissions must not be defamatory, slanderous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit.
- Do Not Use for Commercial or Political Purposes. Your User Submissions must not advertise or promote a product or service or other commercial activity, or a politician, public servant, or law.
- Do Not Use for Inappropriate Purposes. Your User Submissions must not promote any infringing, illegal, or other similarly inappropriate activity.
- BeHonest and Do Not Misrepresent Yourself or Your User Submissions. Do not impersonate any other person, user, or company, and do not submit User Submissions that you believe may be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company.
- Others Can See. We hope that you will use the Communities to exchange information and content and have venue appropriate discussions about job search-related issues with other members. However, please remember that the Communities are public or semi-public and User Submissions that you submit on the Service within a Community may be accessible and viewable by other users. Do not submit personally identifying information (g., first and last name together, password, phone number, address, credit card number, medical information, email address, or other personally identifiable information or contact information) on Community spaces and take care when disclosing this type of information to others.
- Don’t Share Other Peoples’ Personal Information. Your User Submissions should not reveal another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, credit card number, medical information, financial information, or any other information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual, unless, and in the form and by the method, specifically requested by us.
- Don’t Damage the Serviceor Anyone’s Computers or Other Devices. Your User Submissions must not submit viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, or any other technologies or malicious code that could impact the operation of the Service or any computer or other Device.
If you submit User Submissions that we reasonably believe violates these Rules, then we may take any legally available action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion. However, we are not obligated to take any action not required by law. We may require, at any time, proof of the permissions referred to above in a form acceptable to us. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the User Submissions in question being removed from the Service.
(ii) Your Interactions with Other Users; Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others (e.g., when you submit any personal or other information) and in all of your other online activities.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
THE WEBSITE INCLUDING ALL CONTENT INCLUDED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Shore Consulting, its parent company and subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Shore Consulting Parties”), hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
(a) the Service (including the Content and the User Submissions);
(b) the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Service;
(c) any products, services, developer code or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Service;
(d) security associated with the transmission of your User Submissions transmitted to use via the Service;
(e) whether the Service or the servers that make the Service available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Device);
(f) whether the information (including any instructions) on the Service is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
(g) whether any defects to, or errors on, the Service will be repaired or corrected;
(h) whether your access to the Service will be uninterrupted;
(i) whether the Service will be available at any particular time or location; and
(j) whether your use of the Service is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN OR IN ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY A SHORE CONSULTING PARTY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SHORE CONSULTING PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SERVICES’ CONTENTS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
AT TIMES YOU MAY EXPERIENCE DIFFICULTY ACCESSING THE SERVICES OR COMMUNICATING WITH THE SHORE CONSULTING PARTIES THROUGH THE INTERNET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC WIRELESS SERVICES AS A RESULT OF HIGH INTERNET TRAFFIC, TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, SYSTEMS CAPACITY LIMITATIONS, OR OTHER PROBLEMS. ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICE, WHETHER IT IS YOURS, AN INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER’S, OR SHORE CONSULTING’S, CAN EXPERIENCE UNANTICIPATED OUTAGES OR SLOWDOWNS OR HAVE CAPACITY LIMITATIONS. THE SHORE CONSULTING PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER TO YOU, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY OF THE INTERNET OR CELL OR DATA SERVICE ON YOUR DEVICE.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions’ laws are applicable.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE SHORE CONSULTING PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DEFECT RELATED TO THE SERVICE, EVEN IF THE SHORE CONSULTING PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY, YOUR SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE TO STOP USING THE SERVICE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT PERMIT THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW YOU MAY HAVE RIGHTS IN ADDITION TO THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HEREIN. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE SHORE CONSULTING PARTIES UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.
- Applicable Law
- ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
PLEASE READ THESE PROVISIONS CAREFULLY, AS THEY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS
21.1. Notice; Process
Before filing a claim against us in any forum, you agree to first attempt to resolve the dispute informally by notifying us of your claim by sending an email to email@example.com or sending a letter to 2280 Grass Valley Highway #331, Auburn, California 95603, Attn: Legal. The notice must specifically describe the nature of the dispute and the relief you seek. You will give us sixty (60) days from the date we receive your notice to try to resolve the dispute. Either party may file a claim if the dispute is not resolved after sixty (60) days.
21.2. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
Both you and Shore Consulting agree that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies between you and us arising in connection with or in any way relating to the relationship between you and us will be determined by mandatory binding individual (not class) arbitration. You and Shore Consulting shall each bear its own costs of initiating and enforcing or defending the arbitration. You and Shore Consulting further agree that the arbitrator shall have the exclusive power to rule on his or her own jurisdiction, including any objections with respect to the existence, scope or validity of the Arbitration Agreement or to the arbitrability of any claim or counterclaim. By agreeing to arbitrate, both parties are giving up the right to proceed in court. Arbitration is a method of claim resolution that is less formal than a traditional court proceeding. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED. There may be more limited discovery than in court. The arbitrator must follow this agreement and can award the same damages and relief as in court, except that the arbitrator may not award any relief, including declaratory or injunctive relief, benefiting anyone but the parties to the arbitration. This arbitration provision will survive termination of the Agreement.
21.3 Arbitration Rules
The arbitration will be governed and administered by the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect and as modified by this Arbitration Agreement, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes, who will be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. To the extent JAMS is not available in your state, the arbitration will be governed and administered by the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in force (the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For all claims and counterclaims together valued at less than $25,000, you and Shore Consulting agree that arbitration must proceed as a documents-only hearing, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by both parties. You and Shore Consulting agree that the right to arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement is protected by, and any arbitration will be governed by, the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq.). You and Shore Consulting agree that our business and the relationship here involve interstate commerce. The AAA Rules, as well as instructions on how to file an arbitration proceeding with the AAA, appear at adr.org, or you may call the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
Notwithstanding Section 21.2 above, both you and Shore Consulting agree that nothing in this Arbitration Agreement will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either of our rights, at any time, to seek remedies in small claims court for disputes or claims within that court’s jurisdiction. Both parties also retain the right to pursue any eviction, action to enforce a lien, and/or unlawful detainer remedies or defenses in any court. You agree that Shore Consulting retains the right to conduct a lien sale. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not stop you or Shore Consulting from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, who may seek relief against us on your behalf (or vice versa) to the extent allowed by law. Any other claims, however, such as derivative claims (including, but not limited to, claims under state consumer protection statutes), conversion, negligence, breach of contract, or other violations of state or federal law, must be brought in arbitration.
21.5 No Class or Representative Proceedings: Class Action Waiver
YOU AND WE BOTH AGREE TO GIVE UP THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND SHORE CONSULTING AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, CONSOLIDATED ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION. Unless you and we otherwise agree, no arbitrator or judge may consolidate more than one person’s claims or otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding, consolidated action or private attorney general action. If this specific provision, known as the “Class Action Waiver,” is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void except Section 21.1, which shall remain in full force and effect.